Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Glasnow named MLB.com's Pitching Prospect of the Year

The awards keep piling up for Tyler Glasnow.
Stellar during this year with the Marauders, Glasnow, 21, was named Pitching Prospect of the Year by MLB.com.
Glasnow was also received pitcher of the year honors from the Florida State League and the Pittsburgh Pirates, the high Single-A Marauders' parent club.
Glasnow limited hitters to a .174 clip, best in the minors, while going 12-5 with a 1.74 ERA in 23 starts. He struck out 154 in 127 1/3 innings and allowed three home runs while pitching the Marauders into the Florida State League playoffs.
Not bad, considering Glasnow missed nearly a month with a back injury and dropped his first three decisions.
"I'm definitely proud of what happened," Glasnow told MLB.com's Jonathan Mayo. "I think I got a lot better, especially from the beginning of the year to the end. The injury was a good lesson. I was just rehabbing. That was frustrating. I'm glad I went through that at the beginning of the year. I learned a ton and I'm definitely a better pitcher now."
The Pirates' fifth-round pick in 2011, Glasnow is 21-11 with a 1.94 ERA in 59 professional appearances, including 58 starts. He has 365 strikeouts in 274 innings.
Glasnow's next stop is with the Scottsdale Scorpions of the Arizona Fall League.
Chicago Cubs' prospect Kris Bryant was named the Hitting Prospect of the Year. He lead the minors in home runs (43) and slugging (.661).

No comments:

Post a Comment